Friday, 9 January 2009

The Aftermath

I had left the party last night thinking things were drawing to a close, but it seems not and there's going to be more fun had on Monday. The departmental boss and a few others had gone on to a pub (post 2AM!) and then to a night club. Jean, one of the engineers, had been nominated to drive a few people home, and the boss had thrown up in his car. At 5AM Jean was busy cleaning up the mess before he could get to bed. Everyone else had made it into work on Friday, but the boss had dipped out, so I am really looking forward to lunch on Monday. There will be no pulling rank, and the boss is going to get crucified :-)

Workwise, my induction (if that's what they want to call it) is all but over. I have already had problem reports assigned to me via Clearquest and I will be paired with another guy, Thierry who started a month ago, to sort out 45 of them on a new project. On Monday we will have a kick off meeting and divvy up the work. We are to be the first developers on this new project, as the old one is signed off and the rest of the team tidy up any loose ends prior to them coming over too. I'm about to start my first JTAG hardware debugging session, which will be far removed from the cosy confines of application debugging using the emulator.

RHD=0

No comments:

Post a Comment